Below is a link to download the latest PDF coronavirus bulletin from DCMS for the museums and galleries sector, containing links to government information and advice, including:
The government has announced that the measures put in place under Plan B in England will be lifted. This means:
- The government is no longer asking people to work from home if they can. People should now talk to their employers to agree on arrangements to return to the office.
- From Thursday 27 January: There is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering. The government suggests that you continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you may come into contact with other people you do not normally meet.
- From Thursday 27 January: Venues and events will no longer be required by law to check visitors’ NHS COVID Pass. The NHS COVID Pass can still be used on a voluntary basis.
- Self-isolation: It is still a legal requirement for those who have tested positive for Covid to self-isolate. The isolation period was reduced last Monday to five full days with two negative tests.
- The self-isolation regulations expire on 24th March, at which point the government expects not to renew them.
- Travel to the UK: All testing measures for eligible fully vaccinated arrivals to England will be removed from 4am on 11 February.