In light of recent developments at the British Museum, and subsequent scrutiny of the wider sector’s accountability for the collections in its care, Collections Trust is offering a concise briefing for trustees and senior managers who want to review the policies and procedures in place at their own institutions.
The UK museum sector has a well-established standard for collections management, Spectrum, which is embedded into the Museum Accreditation standard. The one-hour briefing will cover the core principles of three relevant Spectrum procedures:
The briefing will also signpost further training and advice available from Collections Trust to help your staff and volunteers take follow-up action.
To sign up:
- We are currently offering the briefing on two dates, and may schedule more depending on demand:
- Monday 11 September, 14:00-15:00 BST
- Friday 22 September, 10:00-11:00 BST
- Submit this form before 9am Thursday 21 September, selecting the briefing you wish to attend.
- Please read our online event policy and code of conduct before registering.
Information for attendees:
- At the time of the session, follow the joining instructions we’ll send you when we confirm your registration. You might find that this email goes to your junk folder – please check before getting in touch.
- This event is free to attend thanks to funding from Arts Council England, and priority will be given to attendees from UK museums within the Accreditation scheme.
Please note – this is a briefing for trustees and managers, not a training event on the detailed implementation of these procedures. If you wish to attend Spectrum training, check out our outreach events delivered in partnership with the Museum Development Network.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org