• The UK’s National Commission for UNESCO (UKNC) report shows how the UK is world-leading in innovation in its cultural heritage sector.
• UK cultural heritage innovation, in partnership with developing countries, is creating exceptional outcomes, with impact well beyond the cultural field.
• The report illustrates the UK’s eminence in heritage science and research and its people-centred approach, and contains compelling case studies of work on-site and in laboratories.
• This work is helping to conserve heritage, foster community cohesion and stimulate inclusive growth – whilst also building capacity in the UK.
• There is significant scope for UK expertise to make a greater contribution. The report’s recommendations set out how this outstanding expertise can be energised and enabled for the benefit of cultural heritage assets and to advance the economic and social welfare of ODA countries.
For further information and to download the report visit here.